Keystone College expect students to comply with code of conduct of institute and is committed to ensuring that its learning environment promotes the respectful and fair treatment of all students.
The policy applies to all Keystone College students who are currently enrolled students in all Programs and courses.
While on Keystone College premises or in the course of activities or events hosted by Keystone College the following activities are prohibited:
- Bullying /assault / harassment/ discrimination, physical assault or other violent acts committed on or off campus against any student ,verbal abuse or threats
Concerns related to a student’s conduct shall be referred to the SEA or DIRECTOR to process in accordance with this Policy. All communication related to this will be in written and a copy will be placed in student file.
If under any circumstances, a prohibited activity occurs, the following outlines the process for addressing the activity:
- All concerns relating to student misconduct shall be reported to the SEA or DIRECTOR. Concerns may be brought by staff, students or the public.
- All reporting must be in writing.
- The SEA will arrange to meet with the student to discuss the concern(s) within 5 school days of receiving the complaint. If the alleged conduct is of such a serious nature then an immediate dismissal may be warranted, the SEA will meet with the student as soon as practicable.
- Following the meeting with the student, the SEA will conduct whatever further enquiry or investigation is necessary to determine whether the concerns are substantiated.
- Any necessary inquiries or investigations shall be completed within 5 school days of the initial meeting with the student.
- The SEA will meet with the student and do one of the following:
- Determine that the concern(s) were not substantiated;
- Determine that the concern(s) were substantiated, in whole or in part, and either:
- Give the student a warning setting out the consequences of further misconduct;
- Set a probationary period with appropriate conditions; or
- Recommend that the student be dismissed from the Institution.
- The SEA will prepare a written summary of the determination. A copy shall be given to the student and the original will be placed in the student file.
- If the student is issued a warning or placed on probation, the SEA and the student both sign the written warning or probationary conditions and the student is given a copy. The original document is placed in the student’s file.
- If SEA is absent, DIRECTOR will be the next person to whom this can be reported and the DIRECTOR will follow all procedures as listed above.
- If the recommendation is to dismiss the student, the DIRECTOR of the school will meet with the student to dismiss him/her from study at the school. The DIRECTOR of the school will deliver a letter of dismissal to the student and a calculation of refund due or tuition owing, depending on the status of the student’s financial account with the school.
- If a refund is due to the student, the DIRECTOR will ensure that a cheque is forwarded to the student within 30 days of the dismissal.
- If the student owes tuition or other fees to the school, the DIRECTOR will undertake the collection of the amount owing.
- All records will be kept in student file, all concerned staff and instructors would be notified.
- Keystone College will do its best to resolve any issue, but if required complaint can be filed to concerned law enforcement agency nearby.