Grade Appeal Policy
Keystone College provides an opportunity for students to appeal for grades and all matters related to grades appeal are dealt in a fair, reasonable, and equitable manner.
The policy applies to all Keystone College students who are currently enrolled to the submission of their concern to the Director and Senior Educational Administrator.
Procedure for Grade Appeal:
- If a student is dissatisfied with a grade received and/or can provide evidence that a higher grade is warranted, he/she should discuss with his/her instructor within 14 days of the declaration of result. The instructor will reconsider the grade and, if warranted, assign a different grade.
- All request for grade appeal must be in writing.
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome of his/her appeal to the instructor, he/she should submit a written appeal to the Senior Educational Administrator using Grades Appeal form within next 7 days after receiving reply from the instructor.
- The Senior Educational Administrator will obtain a copy of the assignment/test in question from the instructor and will have other instructor/instructors re-assess the test.
- If the student achieves a higher grade on re-assessment, the higher grade will be assigned to the student. If the student achieves a lower grade on re-assessment, the original grade will be retained.
- The grade will be considered final and cannot be appealed.
- The decisions on the grade appeal will be provided to students within thirty (30) school days of Keystone College’s receipt of the written appeal.
- If a student fails exam, they may allow to do a rewrite subject to Instructor/SEA approval. The rewrite must occur within 14 days of having failed an exam. Student will be required to pay an administrative fee of $50. If the student achieves a higher grade on rewrite, the higher grade will be assigned to the student. If the student achieves a lower grade on rewrite, the original grade will be retained on record and transcript.